TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT (TKR) PACKAGE
UNILATERAL KNEE REPLACEMENT
BILATERAL KNEE REPLACEMENT
– 5 days (4 nights) 2-Bedded Ward stay and meals
– 1 Day Intensive Care (HDU) stay (Bilateral Knee Replacemet)
– Pre-operative blood profile
– Surgeon’s Fees
– Anesthetist’s Fees
– Anesthesia & Standard Anesthesia Charge
– Nursing Fees
– Routine Medication during hospitalisation
– Medical Equipment & Medical Supllies
– Walking Frame
– Rehabilitation/ Physiotherapy
– Limited to maximum 8 times inpatient ward visits
TKR increases your mobility, relieves pain and corrects deformity.
If your knee is severely damaged by arthritis or injury, if you find it hard to perform simple daily activities such as walking or climbing stairs, if you feel pain and stiff when you sit or lie down, if you have chronic knee inflammation and swelling that does not improve with rest or medications, if you have knee deformity, and if non-surgical treatments such as medications and walking support are no longer working, you may want to consider TKR.
15 years is the average duration for 90% of the cases.
With the availability of advanced technology, the average stay in the hospital is 3-5 days and most patients should be able to walk without assistance 2-4 weeks after surgery. Physical therapy will begin generally one to two days after surgery. You should expect six weeks or more of physical therapy before you can completely resume normal activities. In general, however, you should be able to partake in certain low-impact activities within a few weeks.
The complication rate following knee replacement is low as knee replacements have emerged as a mainstream surgery. According to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), serious complications include infection, stiffness and pain, wound problems and medical problems.
If you got any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
TERM AND CONDITION:
• The prices quoted are in Malaysian Ringgit and are subject to change without prior notice.–